Please read, understand, and accept the terms of the B.L.A.C.K. Participant Agreement.
Building Leaders and Creating Knowledge
I, as a B.L.A.C.K. program participant, agree to participate in the Building Leaders and Creating Knowledge (BLACK) Themed Community and attend weekly program meetings. I understand that the purpose of this program is to help students develop as leaders, scholars, and active members of the University of Arizona and Tucson communities.
I agree to put forth my best efforts by participating in the following mandatory activities:
Submission of application is taken as acknowledging, understanding, and accepting the following:
- Biweekly meetings will be 60-90 minutes each. Exact date and time will be announced.
- Early Move In: As stated within the B.L.A.C.K. theme community application, early move in is one of the benefits and expectations of the program, which begins the week before regular classes begin, and is free. The schedule of events will be emailed to you a month before move-in so you can share it with your loved ones. The BLACK Graduate Assistant and AASA Director have access to my academic records via the UAccess Student Information Systems.
- Participation in BLACK is expected throughout the first year of my undergraduate experience at The University of Arizona.
- The BLACK Graduate Assistant and AASA Program Director have access to my academic records via the UAccess Student Information Systems.
- Missing three consecutive meetings (workshops, one-on-ones) demonstrates I am no longer interested in the program and may result in my ineligibility for certain privileges.
- I must strive for regular group participation and a minimum 3.00 GPA every semester.